Friday, May 28, 2010

F.M.L.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp

^ An article about how people should now avoid throwing away random plastic bottles/litter because they might be “bottle bombs”.

Initial reaction to this link: this has gotta be a joke.
Secondary reaction after thoroughly reading the article and watching a demonstrative video: What is our world coming to!? Do people really do this?

But a more important question crossed my mind. How ironic is it that author of this article is genuinely concerned about the well-being and safety of its readers yet launches into a full explanation of how to make the bottle bombs so that anybody can replicate them?
Am I the only person who’s noticed this about the news? When is “informative” too informative?
Example: Is it really necessary to broadcast the security breaches in airports? Why don’t we just draw out a map for any terrorist living in the US and tell them how to sneak around American security systems.
Just some food for thought, I’d be interested to hear feedback.

And now for an update about my school situation: The Waiting Continues.
It is true that I was supposed to receive a letter from KU Med last Monday.
It is true that I accidently put the wrong zip code on my application . FAIL.
It is true that they told me they sent it out this Monday (after the zip code was fixed)
It’s true that it didn’t arrive at my mailbox til 3 painful/anxiety ridden days later (Thursday).. Seriously?? How can mail from 5 minutes away take that long. I could send mail from ADPi and have it get to KC in 1 day.
And it is true that I will CONTINUE to withstand this waiting game, because…
I am #1 on the Waitlist.

If that’s not a FML moment then I don’t know what is!!

Of the ppl that applied, 70 were interviewed, 28 accepted, I’m # 1 on the waitlist. Normally I would be very excited about this but because of the competitive grad year, the small class, and the fact that nobody from the waitlist got bumped up last year, I am extremely worried. I’ll find out at the end of next week so keep your fingers crossed for me!
Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment